2010 Campaign for Excellence Report
Spearheaded by Co-Chairs Becky and Dr. Frank Hrisomalos and Charlotte and Paul Zietlow, the 2010 Campaign focused on library services for children.
We achieved our campaign goal thanks to the support of so many generous individuals and businesses. $27,245 made a tangible difference for library users.
- $9,000 supported the purchase of titles requested by patrons for the library collection.
- $5,900 underwrote programs for children including the very popular Puck Players Puppet Theater, Seusspicious Behavior, and many others: 16 at the main Library and 5 at Ellettsville. 47,000 children and families attended.
- $300 paid for training of IU student volunteers for Homework Help (Grades K-6).
- $600 refurbished the Learn and Play Space in the Children's Department.
- $600 purchased materials for Every Child Ready to Read, the library's early literacy program for parents of preschool children.
- $1,600 added laptops at the Ellettsville Branch.
- $4,000 supported an assistant and tutor training in VITAL, the library's adult literacy service.
- $4,160 contributed to the Children's Endowment Fund.
Friends of the Library, Monroe County Public Library, 303 E. Kirkwood Ave., Bloomington, Indiana 812-349-3050