2011 Friends of the Library Campaign for Excellence Report
Led by honorary co-chairs Ruth and Scott Russell Sanders, the second Campaign for Excellence focused on library services for adults. We surpassed our campaign goal raising $28,927 thanks to the generous support of so many individuals and businesses.
Campaign funding has supported:
- winter and summer reading programs for adults and teens
- downloadable audiobooks and music
- equipment for homebound deliveries
- digitization equipment and support for the Indiana Room
- one-on-one adult literacy tutoring and conversation groups for English learners (VITAL)
- film series
- requests for purchase of books and movies for the collection
In addition, $5,324 was contributed to the Friends’ Collections Endowment and $1,174 was contributed to the Friends’ VITAL, Children’s, and General Endowments.
Campaign Co-Chairs, Ruth and Scott
Russell Sanders with their family