We have a Fine Option Program available. If you are 14 or older, you may arrange to volunteer in the library in lieu of paying overdue charges. A credit of $5 is earned for each hour of designated volunteer work.
To qualify for the Fine Option Program, you must owe $10 or more on your individual library account.
Credit is applied only to the specific volunteer's account. Credit is not transferable to another patron's account.
To sign up for the program:
- Ask a staff member at any Information Desk to review your account and confirm what fees qualify (only overdue charges qualify.)
- Fill out a Volunteer Application  with your availability, interests and contact information. Applications are also available at any Information Desk.
- Turn in your Volunteer Application at any Information Desk.
What to expect:
- The Volunteer Coordinator or another Library staff member will contact you for a training or work-time appointment 1-2 weeks after you turn in your Volunteer Application.
- You will meet with a Library staff member who will train you and show you how to sign-in and track your volunteer hours worked.
- The Library staff member will turn in your hours worked in a regular report.
- The appropriate credit will be applied against your account. It may take up to a week for the report/credit to be processed.
We also have a Fine Option Program for Children and Teens: Read It Off.
If you are under 18 years of age and owe money on your account, you may arrange to "Read it Off." A credit of $5 can be earned for each use and return of designated Library material.
To qualify for Read It Off, you must owe $10 or more on your individual Library account.
Read it Off credit may be applied toward overdue charges and replacement costs.
Credit is applied only to the specific child/teen's account. Credit is not transferable to another patron's account.