For Immediate Release
Contact: Christine Eykholt Friesel
Coordinator, Indiana Room
Bloomington, IN (June 16, 2010)—Monroe County Public Library and the Nonprofit Alliance of Monroe County announce a free, full day training session “Fundraising Basics: Making the Ask & the Direct Mail Packet”.
The event takes place on Wednesday, June 30th from 9:15am–3:30pm at the Monroe County Public Library in Meeting Room 1B. Lunch will be on your own.
Participants will be able to blast through any psychological barriers by learning to build their case for funds, find out whom to ask and when, and empower new board members. Smaller nonprofit organizations and those new to fundraising are encouraged to attend. A panel of experienced fundraisers will share tips and traps when appealing for financial support. The afternoon session will cover “making the ask” and creating a direct mail packet. Bring your current or draft fundraising letter for hands-on editing and review.
Presenters include the following experienced fundraisers:
- Chris Molloy, President Bloomington Hospital Foundation
- Pamela Jones Davidson, Consultant, Davidson Gift Design
- Nancy Lethem, Director for Development, Centerstone
- Jim Muehling, Development Director, Indiana University Foundation
- Kristina Simmonds, Communications Director, Pinnacle School & Learning Services
- Diane Ballard, Managing Director, Monroe County History Center
- Gabe Gloden, Managing Director, Bloomington Playwrights Project
- Shari Woodbury, President and CEO, Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County
- Randy J. Rogers, Director of Development, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University
Call the Indiana Room for more details and to register (812) 349-3080.
The Nonprofit Alliance of Monroe County enriches the local community by strengthening the nonprofit sector through communication, collaboration, professional development and outreach. To learn more about the NPA and training opportunities, contact npa [at] monroeunitedway [dot] org (npa [at] monroeunitedway [dot] org).
The MCPL’s Indiana Room houses the Grant Collection of grant research, writing, and fundraising materials, including The Foundation Center’s Directory of Grantmakers—a database of national and international funders for both individuals and nonprofit organization. To learn more about researching grants and fundraising materials, contact the Indiana Room at 812-349-3080.