Since 1977, the Monroe County Public Library has been home to one of the first library-based adult literacy programs in Indiana. Adults in VITAL improve their literacy skills to achieve their personal learning goals and dreams.
Free tutoring, for adults provided by VITAL trained volunteers:
- One-to-One Adult Literacy tutoring to improve reading, writing, comprehension, and basic math skills.
- One-to-One English as a New Language (ENL) tutoring for beginning ENL learners. (if available, tutors may work with more advanced ENL learners)
- ENL Conversation Groups for ENL learners with intermediate or higher English conversation skills. Participants practice speaking and listening skills.
- About our learners 
- For new learners 
- More Literacy Organizations 
- Current VITAL Newsletter 
VITAL tutors have helped thousands of people achieve greater success in life through literacy. No experience necessary, training is provided. After training tutors are matched with a learner in their area of interest. Tutors are asked to commit to 2-3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months.
|2015QuizBowlResults.pdf ||341.54 KB|