It is easy to make a request that an item be held for you at a pickup location of your choice. The following steps detail this process:
- Search for the item you'd like to have held for you.
- When you find the item, look for the link that reads 'Place Request' and click it (see image below). Note: if you have not logged into your account, you will be prompted to do so. Enter this information and click the 'Log In' button.
- In the next screen, you will need to select a pickup location. Below your library card number, you will see a dropdown menu. Click the small arrow next to the words 'Pickup Library', and choose a pickup location from the options listed by clicking on it. Note: At the 'Main Library' the location is near the second floor check out desk.
- Click the 'Submit Request' button.
- If there are other patron's on the hold list for this item, you will be informed of this. To continue placing the hold, click the 'Continue' button.
- The next screen should inform you that your hold has been placed. Click the 'Return to Search Results' button.
To view the status of your various holds, make sure you are still logged into your account and click on your name in the 'My Account' block in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then click 'My Hold Requests' in the 'My Account' block and you will see a list with your hold requests, the dates you activated them, and your spot in the hold queue.